“Your guitar is not really a guitar.
Your guitar is a divining rod. Use it to find spirits in the other world and bring them over.”
— Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart)
build your musical foundations
or take your playing to the next level
Whether you are a beginning guitarist looking to develop the foundation for a lifetime of musical enjoyment, or you’re an experienced guitarist looking to expand your musical horizons, breathe new life into your playing, or learn tools to help you relax and perform better, I may be able to help you develop in the following areas:
- Music Reading and Theory Fundamentals
- Foundational Techniques
- Lead & Rhythm Guitar Techniques
- Guitar Playing as a Meditation
- Discovering Your Creative Potential
- Developing Your Unique Sound
- Relaxation Techniques and Physical Conditioning For Musicians
- Classic Rock (Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Cream, AC/DC)
- Funk (Prince, Sly & the Family Stone, Parliament Funkadelic, Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- Rock & Metal (Soundgarden, Black Sabbath, Alice in Chains, Kyuss, QOTSA, OM, Sleep)
- Alternative (Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr., Pavement)
- Other (Captain Beefheart, African Desert Blues, Daniel Lanois, Improv & Soundscapes)
Playing the guitar can be challenging, meditative, joyful, exhilarating, confidence-building experience, and is a great way to tap into your creative potential, express yourself and connect with others. My approach is to help you to relax and get comfortable, but push you to dig deep and explore, with an emphasis on having fun while doing it. Learning music should always be enjoyable— besides, if you aren’t having fun, you’ll never stick with it!
1-to-1 guitar coaching
$25 / half hour in person
My place or yours? Please specify your preference and location when contacting me.